As I wrote back in May, I’m delighted that IBM Security is OEMing Thycotic’s Privileged Identity Management Technology. IBM Security Secret Server is a brilliant product, and I’m still getting my head around it. One little ‘gotcha’ I discovered: I had all the software installed, or so I thought, and I had been running Secret Server without problem. But when I tried to access the Privilege Manager console I saw this error:
Certificate Error Privilege Manager is not configured correctly please go to the Setup and re-install the Privilege Manager Core Solution
It took me a while to figure out what to do:
- Log in to Secret Server.
- Go to ADMIN then Privilege Manager.
- This should take you to the Privilege Manager Server Setup Home page. (If this doesn’t work try going to https://<server>/TMS/ .)
- Click ‘Add / Update Product Features’.
- You will be prompted to enter a username and password: enter the credentials for a local admin account on the server running Privilege Manager.
- Then it will either start the repair process (or else it will display a list of the currently installed products – if that happens then click ‘Repair’ to the right of ‘Privilege Manager Server Core Solution’).
- After the repair process completes (which can take several minutes) it will hopefully display ‘Setup completed successfully and the application is restarting. You can go back to the Home page and launch the console’.
- After that Privilege Manager should work!